KAPITA is a private sector development company that aims to empower small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through investment, research, incubation/acceleration, and market development programs. In order to upgrade the Iraqi ecosystem, KAPITA is working on new startup development, helping established Iraqi startups small businesses to scale their (market, production, and evaluation), as well as personal development for entrepreneurs. KAPITA is taking the next logical step, by starting the first incubator and accelerator in Baghdad that hosts the most promising startups, providing them with seed funds, infrastructure and business services, financing and public relations. We will support the community by enhancing the entrepreneurial movement, building youth capacity, and feeding the private sector with human resources and knowledge-based, well-planned successful businesses. We aim to be the institute that forms the core engine in developing the private sector in Iraq, we believe that to accelerate the growth of ecosystems and Entrepreneurs, there must be a core engine that grows fast in order to cause an overall growth and development to take Iraqi startups and small businesses to the next level.
Project Title: Orange Corners - Baghdad
Project Description: Orange Corners Baghdad supports Iraqi youth in bringing their entrepreneurial ideas to life. Through an incubation program, we support young male and female Iraqi entrepreneurs with training, business development, and master classes. We seek to provide a supportive environment in which your business can thrive. Orange Corners Baghdad is an initiative of the Netherlands Embassy in Baghdad implemented by the business company KAPITA. The economic priorities of the Netherlands in Iraq are agriculture, water, and entrepreneurship. KAPITA supports the community of young entrepreneurs in Baghdad by building youth capacity and developing successful businesses.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of all the required tasks and session preparations
- Contact the service providers and continuously follow-up with them to receive all the required deliverables.
- Follow-up and coordinate with the startups to ensure that the surveys are being filled, tasks delivered, and attendance confirmation to all the sessions, as well as other important follow-ups
- Organize meetings about the business development sessions and book appointments with the program’s mentors to link them with the startups.
- Organize alongside the Senior program coordinator all the upcoming training sessions and make sure to follow up with relevant parties and assist in the program implementation.
- Report to the Project Manager about all of the tasks required.
Professional competencies :
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English language.
To apply for the ‘Project Assistant ‘position please click the link:
Submission deadline: Thu, Feb 17th, 2024, 5:00 PM Baghdad time.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact short-listed candidates for further screening.
Please note that given the urgency of the vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for this role. Kapita is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.